Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring Break Project 4...Pantry Doors!

This is perhaps, one of my favorite projects of the entire break! I found a "recipe" for DIY chalkboard paint and had to try it! My pantry doors were bare and white and every time I tried to hang something on them it would get knocked off because it is such a high-traffic area. The chalkboard paint seemed like a perfect solution! Now my doors are painted and no longer bare and we can write on them with chalk instead of writing on a board that will just get knocked off and broken. Here's a picture of the finished project! Katie and I had fun trying our hand at this new idea!

Complete with the Alabama apron :)
Here's how you make your own chalkboard paint:

1 c paint
2 tbs non-sanded grout

Mix together and paint on a solid, dry surface. Will most likely take two coats. Apply thickly.

We used black craft paint, but the recipe we used said you could use any kind and any color of paint that you want.

Happy painting!
-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment