Monday, January 2, 2012

The many uses of pictures and picture frames!

The many uses of pictures and picture frames! Ok, I must confess, these too are pinterest inspired ideas but since I have so many friends who refuse to jump on the pinterest bandwagon I'm posting these for you!

The first picture frame idea I implemented is the "I love you becasue" frame. It's simple. You print out a paper that says "I love you because..." and put it in a frame. Use a dry erase marker to fill in the blank as often as you'd like. I love doing this for Shaun now and am hoping to use this for my children some day!


Next, in attempt to keep us more organized I used a picture frame, with the help of a couple paint swatches from wal-mart (free, of course) to create a dry-erase family calendar! Since my kitchen is red and we are HUGE Bama fans, I stuck with the theme! It was super easy to make and will hopefully keep us all on the same page!

Finally, I used a ton of pictures I had laying around the house to give my coffee table a personalized makeover! My wonderful brother had the glass cut for me at Ace Hardware and it cost less than $10!
The only other thing you have to buy is glue dots or some form of raised dot to put to keep the glass from laying directly on the pictures. Again, something you can find at wal-mart!

I would love to hear more creative DIY ideas from you!
-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment