Monday, January 2, 2012

Reusable Swiffer Pad

I swear i'm not a post-a-holic! I'm just trying to get caught up on all of the things I shouldn't have waited until today to post! One or two more and I should be done for a while, just saying!

Another creative idea my free time over Christmas break led me to try was creating a reusable swiffer pad! It took me all of 45 minutes while I was watching a movie, and that was hand-sewing everything. If you have a sewing machine it should take 15 minutes max!




Now mine is definitely not as pretty as the one in the tutorial but it works just as well! All you need is an old winter sock (chenile works best) and some old fabric (I used an old t-shirt that was pretty thick material).

Here is the link to the tutorial I used:
http://www.sew-much-ado.com/2010/03/tutorial-reusable-swiffer-sweeper.html

It's super easy to follow and create your own reusable swiffer pad! All you have to do is slip it on your swiffer mop, mop your floor and throw it in the washer! Hooray for saving money!

What other ideas do you have for saving money around the house??
-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment