Monday, February 20, 2012

Chocolate No-Bake Cookies

One of the things I promised myself and my husband that I would do this year is to work harder to cook more at home; meals, snacks, etc. So what better way to keep myself accountable than to post new recipes on my blog! (Not to mention it gives me a place to find the recipes myself when I lose them in my kitchen lol)!

The first recipe I am going to blog is chocolate no-bake cookies! (For those of you making headband holders out of oat cans, this is a perfect recipe for putting those unused oats to good use!)

Here's the recipe!

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
4 tbs cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 tbs vanilla
3 cups oats

Directions:
Mix sugar, butter, milk and cocoa in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil. Let it boil for 1 minute then add the peanut butter, vanilla and oats. Lay out sheets of wax paper and drop small spoonfuls on the wax paper. Let them cool and set, then eat and enjoy!

The fact that I don't have a picture of these yummy cookies speaks for how wonderful they are! They were gone before I had a chance to snap even a single picture!

I would love to hear quick and easy snack recipes that you make for your family!

-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment