Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Get Rid of Sinus Congestion and Pressure...The Natural Way!

So this week I have been battling a sinus infection. I mean the kind where your head feels like it's going to explode, face feels like it's been beaten with a hammer, etc. Sunday night I was in so much pain I couldn't fall asleep so I did what all insomniac's do and researched. I looked up ways to relieve sinus pressure and congestion the natural way without taking more medicine and I found some pretty great ideas! I partnered these great ideas I found with desperation and came up with this all-natural remedy. I'm sure i'm not the first person to think of this because, looking back, I see that it really is a matter of common-sense but either way here's how it works:

What I discovered in my research is that the culprit behind all that nasty sinus pain is often none other than dry sinuses that swell when they get too dried out. This realization reminded me of using a humidifier; however, since it was late at night and I was in no condition to drive to the store and buy one I had to get creative. I took a large bowl and filled it with water and heated it in the microwave until it started boiling then I got out my trusty bottle of peppermint essential oil and added about 20 drops until I could smell the peppermint without having to put my face right up to the bowl. Next I put a towel over my head and the bowl and sat for about 10 minutes breathing in my peppermint essential oil scented water until I could feel my sinuses clearing.

When I was finally feeling well enough to head to sleep I placed the bowl on my nightstand, next to my bed, and it helped me breathe better all night long! Just one more use I've found for peppermint essential oil! I'm starting to think that $6 a bottle is more than worth it!

I would love to hear any home remedies you use, or any other recipes you've discovered for peppermint essential oil!

-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment