Sunday, February 12, 2012

Headband Storage...in style!

Here's another simple, smart, pinterest inspired idea!

Since headbands seem to be all the rage these days, I find myself accumulating more and more of them every trip to Target and; therefore, faced with the delima of "where in the world am I going to store all of these?"

If you've been asking that question too, you're in luck! Here's a quick and easy answer to your question...and cute too!

All you need is a large oatmeal container (you can buy them at wal-mart...check back for the blog on "oats" recipes) and some decorating supplies (construction paper or material)!

Empty the oatmeal container and get your supplies set out. I used fabric, but if I had to do it again I would probably choose paper. Measure and cut your paper/material and glue onto container. I used elmer's spray glue, but it caused my fabric to wrinkle a little so I'm thinking a glue stick for paper or hot glue for material would be much better choices.

After you attach your material or paper, add the lid back to the top and let it dry. Then add your headbands! I am actually using the inside of the container to store all my many pairs of sunglasses and am using the top to hold out two of my sunglasses that I wear most often.

Here's how mine turned out...I will probably be making another one eventually because the material definitely wrinkled and made it too thick to add ribbons, bows or other cute things!


Happy crafting!

-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment